Monday, January 25, 2010

I Won The Good Fight!

So where to begin? So much has happened since my last entry. I haven't had a moment to sit and concentrate enough to update my blog but now is the time.

I'm pumped! Last week I was really annoyed because I had called OHIP on Monday and they told me tht I had to reapply for OCC and I thought to myself what an absolute total waste of time! So when I called the Ottawa hospital to discuss this, I couldn't get a straight answer. They kept saying, oh, we'll call you back. So of course I called back everyday! By Thursday I had had enough. They kept saying things like, you'll have to come back to Ottawa to have the paperwork signed and not trying to make any sort of an arrangement for me at all. So Thursday I said the heck with them and I took the matter into my own hands again and called OHIP myself. I spoke to Erin, the girl that is familiar with me and laid it all out for her. She was super receptive and actually asked me to hang on. She came back to the phone telling me there was no need for the application to be resent and that I'd get my letter Friday or Monday. Well! Shoot! I tried to get her to tell me if I was approved but apparently they can't tell you that on the phone. It was comical actually and both of us were laughing on the phone.

So after hearing that, I had a hint that I had been approved so I was pretty darn happy! I didn't have a final answer yet, not till I had that letter in my hand. So I settled with myself to just be patient and wait for the letter. To my utter shock though, my family doctor called me at the end of her day to tell me she received the letter and that I had been approved! She was super happy for me! I just about jumped through the roof! It was so awesome! It was great that she called me personally. I see her on the 3rd of March for my physical so thats great timing!

Now comes all the preparation! I finally got my letter today from OHIP which is great. It's a final step. I won my fight and I'm so thrilled I get to see the surgeons I wanted to see. I have to get an EKG done, a ton of bloodwork and be sure I don't gain any additional weight. I plan on swimming and continuing my walks with my fur kids so there's no worry with that. I do have to watch what I eat though as I'm finding myself thinking about everything and how I ought to eat it now to get it done so I never have to eat it again! I think I'm going to do my last supper someplace cool and have a great big meal and enjoy every bite of it. I think I want to go to Franko's Pasteria (sp?) in Kingston. It's my all time favorite restaurant.

I'm a little stressed about money because I had hoped to have more saved than I do. It works out great that my parents are coming down with me since my dad wants to drive his own car. Thats one less expense. I had been originally planning on renting a car. I'm so glad I have so much support for this. Everyone has been so fantastic!

I'm a bit distracted tonite but I'll update more later this week. So much to take care of! Till we talk again!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad this is all falling into place! And not long at all to wait until your surgery!!!!

    ReplyDelete