Friday, January 15, 2010

Thoughts and Feelings Since Wed

So I wanted to post this yesterday but the day got away from me. It was a day filled with stress and confusion basically all coming from the one place I thought would support me the most. I've since learned that I can still count on support from there from the ones that know me and have been following my story and I need to just ignore the other idiots.

I'm talking about the OH forums where I have met a ton of wonderful people and as of yesterday, several not so wonderful people. Apparently, although I admit I had some bad stories about Dr. Dent, I didn't realize to what extent these horror stories involving him grew to. I personally am and have been researching and struggling to get approval to get the Roux-En-Y surgery done and Dr. Dent is a big supporter of this apparently. He is also a fan of Dr. Graber's office in Utica where I am going to get my surgery done. So far this sounds great and from my viewpoint it was fantastic! It all worked out wonderfully me. I fit the criteria to be sent out of country and because I was prepare with all my t's crossed and i's dotted with my letter from my therapist and my blood work and sleep apnea tests done, he willingly sent me out of country as you all have read on my blog from my last post.

Well, I posted a similar post to OH and it was completely taken out of context. It was examined word for word and basically I was personally ripped a new asshole since I really liked Dr. Dent and had fantastic results from my appointment. I still don't really get it because most of the people that jumped on me are supporters or have had the duodenal switch surgery which I am not interested in getting. I didn't know all of the stories regarding Dr. Dent's attitude towards the DS and certainly wasn't going to walk out of the office freaking and thinking he was an asshole when I had a fantastic appointment and got what I needed, deserved and want! Apparently this is what they thought I should be doing is still have a hate on for him and I don't. I'm sorry he doesn't support the DS because it does sound okay. It's not what I want so I didn't look into that. If a DS was what I wanted then I would have researched it and requested to be sent to someone else who does support it although most don't in ontario since it's not even performed here, only in the states and Quebec. Anyway, talk about bursting my bubble. I'm fine now thanks to several fantastic people and friends in my life. I love you all and you are all gods!!! lol

Enough of that. I'm putting it behind me. Felt like high school all over again and everyone knows how little I'd like to relive that time of my life. So a few good things that happened yesterday. I now have a surgery angel. I was trying to decide between two different people and I finally decided to go with the one that has had the same surgery as mine although I know each of them will be right there with me. You know who you are! lol So I'm super excited still and really glad to know I will not be alone for this.

Biggest surprise of all of this is from an earlier post I had posted; one on line and one offline. It's regarding the support of my parents and how difficult I was finding it to deal with. Well I got the shock of my life on Wed. My parents got their passports!!!!!!! I guess they were waiting to tell me until they knew for sure I was going to go thru with this and since I got the approval, they told me. I almost started to cry. It's meant a lot to me to know that they support me enough to do this for me. They do not like to go to the states nor do they like to drive in places that are unfamiliar. I don't blame them but this is just simply incredible and makes me very very happy. Thanks mom and dad. You guys simply rock. The best parents ever! I think it will be wonderful for them to spend a few days together down there too while I'm in the hospital. Something different, they never travel.

I was really worried about another aspect of the surgery. There's a lot of resulting changes from the surgery in many areas of one's lives and one of them was you tend to lose your friends that are overweight because they get very uncomfortable with it. I have one friend in particular that although I sometimes wonder how she puts up with my flightiness and crazy thinking phases, she is a very dear friend to me and I would not take losing her friendship very well at all. We actually discussed this issue together yesterday and I think we will make the effort, both of us, to not let this get between us. That means a lot to me and I thank her for being open to that conversation without being too sensitive about it. I'm not sure if I could have done the same.

I also spoke to my head office and my boss yesterday and they are one hundred percent behind me on this and are willing to jump through hoops to make sure it's stress-free and an easy transition. They are concerned about my health and in the end know that my losing the weight will be a benefit including less time off for illness and more energy to work! I can't wait for the sleepiness to go away so I can focus on my independent contracting again too. I just don't have the energy right now.

Now I just wait for my letter from OHIP. I emailed them this morning and I will call them on Monday. This should start to roll soon! Thanks everyone for your support and your belief in me. I'm starting to believe too! Everything I do and think about is regarding the surgery. I simply cannot wait and cannot fathom losing the amount of weight I'm supposed to be losing. My life is going to be mine again soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you Tina! I know there have been stresses and setbacks, but you're dealing with them well and everything will fall into place for you soon. Keep that chin up girlie and don't worry about the others at OH. It'll all blow over soon enough and you have more than enough people who love ya lots and are here for you!!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete